From TF2 Wiki
The Submachine Gun (SMG) is the secondary weapon for theclass. It deals a low amount of damage per round but has a high rate of fire and moderate accuracy (it fires 10 bullets per second). The Submachine gun enables the Sniper to engage enemies at closer ranges in which the would be insufficient. The Submachine gun suffers from a damage falloff over distance similar to the or . It should be noted that in one of the promotional TF2 pictures, the Scout had a Submachine gun as his primary weapon. However, this was changed during testing.
Like theand , the SMG fires a single, perfectly-accurate shot and then spreads, so long as the player firing it has waited 1.25 seconds between shots.
- Base: 8
- Max Ramp Up: 150% (12 damage)
- Max Fall Off: 50% (4 damage)
- Point Blank: 8-12 (80-120/sec)
- Medium Range: 4-6 (40-60/sec)
- Long Range: 4-5 (40-50/sec)
- Mini-Crit: 10.8
- : 24 (240/sec)
Medium range is defined as the main resupply door to the opposite wall on the upper level of. Long range is defined as battlement to battlement on . Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Attack Interval: 0.1
- Reload: 1.1
- Spread Recovery: 1.25
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- In the early version of the class lineup, the SMG was originally wielded by the .
- The Submachine gun has a variant.
- The Submachine gun appears to be a heavily modified Mauser M712 machine pistol, with several parts resembling the WW2-era MP40 submachine gun.
- The Submachine gun is possibly a reference to Simo Häyhä, a Finnish Sniper who at the battle of Kollaa received a 200 kill count (in additon to those made by his Sniping) with a Suomi KP/-31 Submachine Gun. He is known to have most record of kills in any major war. Unlike the Sniper, Simo Häyhä used ironsights to better conceal his profile.
- The Sniper is actually only class to use a machine gun (with exception of the and his miniguns).
English • Русский