From TF2 Wiki
The Ambassador is the unlockable primary weapon for the Spy class, replacing the revolver. It has the same ammo count as the revolver but has accuracy akin to a Sniper rifle, even at long range. In addition, a headshot with the Ambassador will result in a critical hit; otherwise, the weapon will never score a critical hit. After each shot, the weapon's accuracy is temporarily decreased, so the weapon is inaccurate if fired too quickly. When the Ambassador is still in this temporary 'cooldown' period, a headshot will not result in a critical hit, even if it is accurate.
The Ambassador does 15% less damage than the Revolver per shot.
- Base: 34
- Max Ramp Up: 150% (51 damage)
- Max Fall Off: 52% (18 damage)
- Point-Blank: 46-56
- Medium Range: 31-37
- Long Range: 15-19
- Mini-Crit: 46
- Critical Hit (headshot only): 102
The Ambassador has a 20% slower rate of fire than the Revolver.
- Attack Interval: 0.696
- Reload: 1.16
- Cooldown: 0.95
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Like all of the Spy's secondary weapons (except for the Revolver and the Enforcer), the Spy does not actually put any bullets into the cylinder while reloading, nor do any bullets eject.
- A version of the Ambassador headshot icon appears in the game files, which was never used in-game.
- For crafting purposes, this weapon is in the secondary slot.
- A likeness of the Scout's Mother is engraved on the barrel.
- The bore of this weapon has been estimated to be .885 cal., although the cylinder size is smaller and suggests a .450 round.
- The cylinder size suggests that it is a .454 Casull or .44 magnum, the Raging Bull revolver (its real-life visual inspiration) has these two variants.
- The Ambassador somewhat resembles the Dan Wesson PPC revolver and the Taurus Raging Bull 500 (accounting, of course, for the customized barrel and rosewood inlays).
- The Ambassador has a golden trigger, a possible nod to the Golden Gun from the James Bond movies.
- The Ambassador does not have a barrel modelled or textured, which can be seen during reload. Additionally, the cylinder does not rotate when fired and the bullets do not visibly exit the chamber (which is visible at a high viewmodel FOV setting).
- On Day 6 of the Spy vs Sniper update page, the Ambassador advertisement bears striking similarity to the pose used in several James Bond film posters. The difference being that the Spy is left-handed in the ad, and Bond appears right-handed. But also note that, in-game, the Spy is typically right-handed.
- An unused alternate version of the Ambassador headshot icon appears in the game files, seen to the right.
English • Русский