From TF2 Wiki
|RED Projectile||BLU Projectile|
The Blutsauger (meaning "Bloodsucker" or "Vampire" in German) is an unlockable primary weapon for the Medic class and replaces the Syringe gun. It is unlocked after 10 of the Medic achievements are completed. It is currently placed as a Level 5 Syringe Gun in the Loadout menu. The gun fires low-damage projectiles at a high rate (it fires 10 syringes a second) at around 990 hammer units per second (about 42 miles per hour). Whenever a projectile hits an enemy, three health is added to the Medic who fired the shot. As compensation, the Blutsauger reduces the Medic's passive healing ability by 2HP per second (so a Medic that recently took damage will regenerate at 1HP/sec, and at a maximum of 4HP/sec). Like the Syringe gun, the Blutsauger's projectiles have a travel time and follow an arced trajectory, so it is necessary to lead a moving target and aim upward to compensate for distance. When this trajectory is taken into account, it is reasonably accurate.
- Base: 10
- Max Ramp Up: 120% (12 damage)
- Max Fall Off: 40% (4 damage)
- Point Blank: 10-15 (100-150/sec)
- Medium Range: 5-10 (50-100/sec)
- Long Range: 5-6 (50-60/sec)
- Mini-Crit: 14
- Critical Hit: 30
(same as the Syringe gun)
- Health gain: 3 (30/sec)
Medium range is defined as the main resupply door to the opposite wall on the upper level of 2fort. Long range is defined as battlement to battlement on 2fort. Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Attack Interval: 0.1
- Reload: 1.6
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- 990 Hammer Units/61.88 feet per second.
- Restores 3 HP to the user upon each projectile hitting an enemy player. The user cannot acquire overheal on himself in this way.
- The filename for the Blutsauger model is 'leechgun'.
- A Blutsauger Beta 1 exists with the effects:
- On Hit: +3 health
- -25 max health on wearer
- A Blutsauger Beta 2 exists with the effects:
- On Hit: +3 health
- -25% damage done
- Originally, the Blutsauger's downside was that it couldn't score critical hits.
- The spray of needles spread is actually that of a perfect square when shot at a flat wall from a distance
- Despite having a unique syringe projectile in the game files, the Blutsauger fires regular syringe gun ammo.