From TF2 Wiki
A scrumpy Bottle is the default melee weapon wielded by the Demoman. If a Critical hit is achieved, when striking a surface or player, the bottle's lower half shatters, and will remain so until the player is killed. Despite this, the broken bottle deals no more or less damage than it did prior to its breaking. The Bottle is one of the Demoman's only weapons that does not run the risk of incurring splash damage upon himself.
- Base: 65 (59 to 72 damage)
- Mini-Crit: 88
- Critical Hit: 195
Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Attack Interval: 0.8
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Even though the Bottle is made out of glass, dropped bottles still supply Engineers with the standard 100 points of metal.
- When you taunt with the Bottle, the Demoman "drinks" from it. If you manage to smash the Bottle, the Demoman will still drink it. In humiliation, the bottle disappears, but the Demoman will still attempt to drink from it.
- Scrumpy is a type of strong English cider.
- A BLU skin was developed for the bottle, but never implemented.
- The Bottle has a normal weapon variant.
- Liquor is usually stored in dark-colored bottles to preserve it from light.
- It seems the Scrumpy the Demoman drinks was made in 1808 and is extra strong.
- There is no liquor inside the bottle at all, as the Demoman holds it upside down with nothing covering the top, however while taunting you will hear sounds of liquid inside the bottle.
- With the smashing on a crit, the bottle is the only melee weapon as of yet which has 2 separate models of its own (not counting team color variation for other weapons).
- This does no longer apply, as the Ullapool Caber also gets a different model when it detonates.
- The Bottle was supposed to be the taunt kill weapon for the demoman, but was swapped with the "Decapitation" taunt kill for the eyelander.
- When used with the Chargin' Targe you are considered a Bottle Knight, a term used very lightly as most players do not use this.
English • русский