From TF2 Wiki
The Degreaser is a Polycount Pack update weapon. It features a 65% faster switch time making pulling out weapons almost instantaneous, however does 25% less afterburn damage. It is to be used with the Powerjack and The Attendant to complete the pyro polycount set.
Alternate fire on with the flamethrower equipped results in a compression blast, which can deflect enemy stickies, grenades, flares, rockets, baseballs, arrows and Jarate, as well as simply pushing enemies away. The compression blast also extinguishes the fire effect when used on allies.
- Base damage is based upon range (or, by extension, particle lifetime), and is rounded at the end of all calculations (after Critical multipliers, et cetera).
- From 0 to 200 units: 6.2 per particle (139.5 per second).
- From 200 to 384 units: linear decrease from 6.2 to 3.72 per particle (83.7 per second, 60% of max) (384 is maximum range)
- There is very slight variability (±0.08 per particle) because some particles are at an angle, slightly varying their travel time.
- Afterburn damage: 2.25 damage every 0.5 seconds for 10 seconds (45 damage total)
- Mini-crit afterburn damage: 3 damage every 0.5 seconds for 10 seconds (60 damage total)
- Mini-Crit: 1.35× base damage, then round to nearest whole
- Critical Hit: 3× base damage, then round to nearest whole
- DPS at <200 units: 427.5
Note: Damage-Per-Second values assume all particles find victims.
Base damage changes over particle lifetime, instead of distance from player (all other weapons affected by distance measure from player to player). Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Attack Interval: 0.04
- Ammo Consumption Interval: 0.08
- Compression Blast Interval: 0.75
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- The Degreaser gets its name from the stove on the front of the weapon.
- The Degreaser only has its own unique kill icon when it destroys a building (It uses the default Flamethrower icon in all other cases).
- The Degreaser is also a home made flamethrower, just like the Backburner and original flamethrower.
- As of a recent patch, the Degreaser will use the unique kill icon even when killing Players.
- The Degreaser appears to be assembled from parts of an oven pilot light, a fire extinguisher and a fuel pump.
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to run external programs, passthru() is disabled.Languages: