From TF2 Wiki
The weapon has a 40% increased ammo magazine compared to the Shotgun, for a total of 8 shots, at the cost of doing 15% less damage.
Damage and function times
- See also: Damage
|Damage and function times|
|Maximum ramp-up||150%||7.65 / pellet|
|Base damage||100%||5.1 / pellet|
|Maximum fall-off||50%||2.55 / pellet|
|Critical hit||15.3 / pellet|
|Mini-crit||6.9 / pellet|
|Attack interval||0.625 s|
|Reload (first)||1.0 s|
|Reload (consecutive)||0.5 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Black Market Business|
- See also: Crafting
|Reclaimed Metal||Frontier Justice||Homewrecker||Family Business|
As a Crafting Ingredient
|Family Business||Refined Metal||Capo's Capper|
- The Family Business was added to the game.
- Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for all of the new weapons in the Uber Update.
- [Undocumented] The damage penality attribute was changed from "-15% damage done" to "-15% damage penalty".
- The Heavy pumps the entire weapon when reloading and shooting.
- Spent shells eject out of the center of the screen in first person view.
- There is no muzzle flash when firing.
- Due to the addition of a stock onto the Shotgun, the Family Business will clip through the Heavy's left hand when taunting.
- In world view, the ejection port is invisible.
- The phrase "Family Business" often refers to crime families operating within the Mafia.
- The Family Business was previously named the Soviet Stampede and the Russian Riot. Concept art shows it also had a hammer and sickle inside a red star on the stock, a common symbol for the Soviet Union.
- The design of the Family Business is based on the Benelli M3 Super 90.