From TF2 Wiki
The Homewrecker is a unique sledgehammer used by the Pyro, and was released in the March 18, 2010 Patch as part of the first wave of community content. When wielded, the Homewrecker deals double damage to an enemy Engineer's Buildings and can remove enemy Sappers in one hit, but deals 25% less damage to players.
The damage of the Homewrecker is such that it will destroy most buildings, regardless of its level, in two swings provided the building is not repaired between the first swing and the second. The exceptions are the combat mini-sentry and enemy sappers (on your allies' buildings) which only requires one strike
- Base: 42-55 vs players, 130 vs buildings
- Mini-Crit: 66
- Critical Hit: 146
Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Attack Interval: 0.8 (untested)
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
Kill 6 people with your axe in one life.
| Freezer Burn
Provide enemies with freezecam shots of each of your taunts.
Kill 3 people with your axe in one life.
- The Homewrecker's original skin name was Mr Sledge.
- Aside from the Wrench, the Homewrecker is the only weapon capable of destroying a Sapper, and can, in fact, destroy the enemy sapper more quickly than the Wrench; however it is unable to repair buildings.
- Originally the ability to remove sappers was absent from the Homewrecker; it was added on the May 7, 2010 Patch.
- Unsapping teleporters using the Homewrecker won't remove the Sapper from the other end of the teleporter.
- The Homewrecker was accidentally added to the drop system a day earlier as "Unknown Item 153". At that time, the item could be acquired through the random drop system, but not found in the backpack without the help of an external item manager. Approximately 1200 players found the item, but it did not drop into the backpack until the item was permanently and officially implemented on March 18th. When moved into the backpack before this, the item took the placeholder icon of the Bottle.
- The Homewrecker is the only weapon so far to have changed icons, most likely due to popular demand of the icon being too small.
- Any achievements requiring the axe, such as lumberjack, can be achieved with the Homewrecker, as it is coded the same as the axe, only with a different model and edited stats.
- Larolaro, creator of this weapon, created and submitted the winning Tank Buster Pack for the Polycount Pack contest.
- "Homewrecker" is a common term for a person who ruins another couple's marriage; often due to an affair with one of the couple.
English • русский