List of Strange weapon ranks
From TF2 Wiki
All Strange weapons have an associated weapon rank. This rank is based on the number of kills (or assists, for weapons that cannot kill) that have been made with the weapon against other players (excluding bots). All Strange weapons start with an initial prefix of Strange, however this is not a rank itself. Trading a Strange weapon will cause its kill counter to reset to zero and its prefix to reset to Strange.
The following Strange items do not track kills, instead:
- Jarate tracks coated enemies.
- The Medi Gun tracks kill assists and ÜberCharges.
- The Wrench and the Jag track Sentry Gun kills.
- Disabling pop-up notifications under 'Advanced Options' will keep the strange rank notifications from appearing; however, trade, duel, and item drop notifications will be disabled as well.
- Killing a teammate while friendly fire is enabled will increase your kill total with that weapon by one, as though it were a normal kill.
- Activating the Cloak of a Spy who is using the Dead Ringer will not increase your total kill count with that weapon.
- Killing bots will not increase your total kill count.
- Killing yourself with a Strange Boston Basher or Gloves of Running Urgently will not increase your total kill count with that weapon.
- Killing an enemy with a compression blast from the Strange Flamethrower or Backburner will not increase your kill count.
- Using a Name Tag on a strange weapon will remove the rank prefix from the name, although the rank description and kill counter will always remain intact regardless of tags.
- If a strange weapon goes up a rank, it will appear to have the original rank prefix when switching weapons until the next life.
- Kill counters do not update ingame when you inspect a teammate's strange weapon or the enemy's during the Deathcam.
In-game message of a player's Strange weapon increasing in rank.