From TF2 Wiki
The Scotsman's skullcutter is an unlockable, community-made melee weapon wielded by the Demoman. It appears as a bloodied battle-axe with a wooden shaft. The heavy blade of the axe inflicts an extra 20% damage, but also weighs a great deal, slowing the Demoman down to a speed almost as slow as the Heavy's running speed. Like the Eyelander, it has a larger melee range and is capable of cutting off enemies' heads. Unlike the Eyelander, however, it cannot gain power by doing so. This item was released in the May 20, 2010 Patch under the second round of Contribute! content.
- Base: 78
- Mini-Crit: 105
- Critical Hit: 234
Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Attack Interval: 0.8
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Speed reduced 15% from 280 Hammer Units/second to 238 Hammer Units/second.
- Melee range increased ~37% from 65 to 89 Hammer Units.
- This, The Claidheamohmor and the Unusual Headless Horsemann's Headtaker are the only player damaging weapons with no taunt. This is likely so as to keep the Demoman's Taunt kill, Decapitation, Eyelander exclusive.
- This weapon used to use the same hit sound as the Bottle, before a patch changed it due to popular demand.
- The addition of this weapon ties the Demoman with the Soldier for class with the largest number of loadout options- they both have five unlockable weapons alongside their standard arsenal.
- With one of the strongest critical strikes in the game, the skullcutter, like the Back Scratcher, Powerjack, Ullapool Caber, and the Warrior's Spirit, is one of the few weapons that is capable of killing a full health Soldier with a single blow.
- The Scotsman's skullcutter decreases the movement speed of the Demoman wielding it from 280 units/second (~93% of normal speed) to 238 units/second (~79% of normal speed). This is 8 units/second faster than a Heavy and 2 units/second slower than a Soldier, making him the second slowest class with it equipped.
- The Scotsman's skullcutter's speed penalty also decreases the speed of a charge, when used with the Chargin' Targe (reducing it from 750 units/second to 638).
- Contrary to popular belief, the Skullcutter does not have the same range as the Bottle.
- A Spy who is disguised as a Demoman with the Skullcutter equipped will not have his movement speed reduced to 238 units per second (78% of normal speed), meaning that the disguise's movement speed does not match an actual player's movement speed.
- Use of the Scotsman's skullcutter will allow you to unlock Demoman achievements which are based upon decapitation and don't directly refer to the Eyelander.
- Along with the Unusual Haunted Metal Scrap and 2 Refined Metal, the Skullcutter can be used to craft the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker.
- If as a Spy, you disguise as a player wielding the Scotsman's skullcutter, it will say in the bottom left that you are wielding the "Scotsman's skul"
English • русский