From TF2 Wiki
The Summer Shades could be earned during the Steam Summer Camp Sale by collecting and exchanging three Prize Tickets earned from various achievements.
- The Summer Shades were added to the game
- Fixed the Summer Shades hiding the hat/headphones body group
- When moved in the backpack, the glasses play the same sound that the Saxton Hale Mask and Mildly Disturbing Halloween Masks play.
- Parts of the Medic's and the Sniper's base glasses, the Pyro's mask, and the Engineer's goggles clip through these glasses.
- The Summer Shades have clipping issues with many hats, as well as some taunts. The clipping is most apparent through the Soldier's regular helmet, the Demoman's Grenade Launcher taunt, and Sniper's melee weapon taunt.
- These glasses disappear upon death.
- The Summer Shades don't display correctly on disguised enemy Spies.
- The description refers to the 2008 news story about Corey Worthington, a young Australian man who held a 500-guest alcohol fuelled party at his parent's house while they were away. During the initial report, Corey calmly answered some of the questions, but in response to being asked by the reporter to take his sunglasses off, he refused. When the reporter asked why, he responded "Because. They're famous."