From TF2 Wiki
The Sydney Sleeper is a new primary weapon for the Sniper. It appears as a Sniper Rifle with feather decorations on the barrel. On the butt/stock of the gun, there are a few darts. Instead of having headshots, it will apply a Jarate effect depending on how long it has been charged. For instance, with the normal Sniper Rifle a 100% charge (with a headshot) will deal 450 damage. However, if you let the Sydney Sleeper charge up to 100%, it applies a Jarate effect, dealing mini-crits to anybody who shoots at the target you previously shot and applied the effect to. This weapon does not randomly crit. The charge rate for The Sydney Sleeper has been increased by 25% compared to the standard Sniper's rifle.
You need to charge to at least 25% before the Jarate effect will occur; as such, the Jarate effect will not happen if you shoot while unscoped or quick-scoping.
As part of the Croc-o-style Kit, the full set confers the wearer an immunity to death by head-shots. This means that as long as you have 2 or more health, any head-shots by the Ambassador, the Huntsman, or the Sniper Rifle will only bring you down to 1 health. However, if you have only 1 health, a head-shot will still kill you. To gain the effect of this set, you must equip:
- The Sydney Sleeper (Primary)
- Darwin's Danger Shield (Secondary)
- The Bushwacka (Melee)
- Ol' Snaggletooth (Hat)
- In the set you cannot headshot, but you cannot be headshot either.
- The Sydney Sleeper is sometimes regarded as "a noob's excuse to bodyshot."
- A good way to stop the enemy advance is to coat enemies with jarate and let another team mate finish them off.
- Another strategy is to coat enemies, then following up with your smg
- Unscoped Shot: 45-50
- Scoped (0% Charge): 45-50
- Scoped (25% Charge): Jarate effect starts
- Scoped (50% Charge): 70-80
- Scoped (75% Charge): 90-110
- Scoped (100% Charge): 130-160
- Mini-Crit: 68 (0% charge or unscoped), 203 (100% charge)
- Critical hit: 150 (0% charge or unscoped), 450 (100% charge)
- Attack Interval: 1.5
- The Sydney Sleeper no longer penetrates targets.
- The Sydney Sleeper no longer randomly Crits.
- Jarate can be applied to ÜberCharged enemies, even though they won't take damage.
- The darts in the breast pocket do not completely cover the bullets they replace.
- The Sydney Sleeper lacks a BLU skin; The darts on the weapon are always RED.
- The darts in the Sniper's breast pocket occasionally clip through certain hats while taunting with melee.
- The Sydney Sleeper clips through the Sniper's arms when he taunts with it.
- The Sydney Sleeper appears to be based off a tranquilizer gun, which fires sedative-filled darts at animals to subdue them. The Sniper seems to have filled the darts with Jarate instead of sedatives.
- Since the gun uses compressed air to launch its darts, it is almost silent when firing.
- The gauge near the scope might show the air that goes through the barrel
- The feathers taped to the barrel appear to be for indicating wind levels.
- The Sydney Sleeper had the capability of hitting multiple targets with one shot until the October 6th, 2010 Patch.
- The Sydney Sleeper's loadout stats list "no random critical hits" as one of its downsides. This is somewhat redundant, as the weapon it replaces, the Sniper Rifle, is also unable to get random Critical hits. However, it may be to prevent confusion for those who owned it before it was updated and expect it to have random Critical hits.
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to run external programs, passthru() is disabled.Languages: