From TF2 Wiki
The Tribalman's Shiv is an unlockable, community-made melee weapon for the Sniper class. When it strikes an enemy, it leaves a seeping wound which bleeds out for 6 seconds after being inflicted. However, the knife itself deals 50% less damage as a trade-off. This was released in the second round of content from the Contribution page.
- Base: 32.5
- Mini-Crit: 43.88
- Critical Hit: 97.50
- Bleed Damage: 4 a tick. 6 second duration (on Shiv only) 48 damage total
- Mini-Crit (with Jarate) Bleed Damage: 5.4 a tick. 6 second duration 64.8 damage total
Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Attack Interval: 0.8
- Bleed Duration: 6
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- The Tribalman's shiv is made entirely of wood. Since several plants from tropical areas possess anticoagulant properties (blood-thinners), the blade may be carved from the wood of one of these plants, (such as a Boldo tree) which would account for it inflicting a profusely-bleeding wound.
- This is the only unlockable Sniper weapon that is a variant of the original weapon.
- As shown in the video, the Sniper's viewmodel showed the notches on the Shiv facing toward the opponent, while the world model shows the notches facing towards the Sniper, this was probably an oversight.
- Medpacks can't stop bleeding, but will still heal.
- Cloaked Spies hit by the shiv flicker if hit while invisible.
- Even though all other weapon will make enemies bleed when they hit, the Tribalman's Shiv is the only weapon (aside from the Southern Hospitality and Boston Basher) with the "bleeding" status effect.
- Disguised Spies hit by the shiv will bleed noticeably, though not as visably as fire.
- Even though the Tribalman's shiv is made out of wood, when dropped it still supplies Engineers with 100 points of metal, much like the Sandman or the Huntsman.
- The Tribalman's Shiv, along with the Homewrecker, Scotsman's skullcutter and Pain Train, did not originally have a kill icon, instead using the suicide/environmental death icon. The proper kill icons were added by Valve shortly after the Shiv and Skullcutter's introduction when community made icons were sent to them.
- If an enemy dies from the bleeding effect of the Tribalman's Shiv, the kill ticker will display the kill icon of the weapon you were holding when the enemy died. If you are dead or holding Jarate while the enemy is killed by the bleeding effect, the kill icon displayed will be the suicide/environmental death kill icon.
- This was later fixed on the Engineer update. The current killicon of a target dying from bleeding is a droplet of red blood.
English • русский