From TF2 Wiki
The Vita-Saw (pronounced "VEYE-tah saw") is a melee weapon for the Medic class. It appears as a rusty gas pump handle, outfitted with a long needle and a blood-stained knife underneath, with a liquid-filled container connected to the top of the main part of the weapon. A small skull and bones symbol, coupled with eight tally marks, has been etched into the flat of the blade.
When equipped, this weapon lowers the Medic's maximum health by 10 to a total of 140. On the other hand, it will allow the player to retain up to 20% of an ÜberCharge upon death. For example, dying with a 12% charge will cause the Medic to retain the 12% charge upon respawning, while dying with a charge of more than 20% (for example 45% of a full charge) will only retain a maximum of 20%. The retention will occur even if an ÜberCharge is deployed, as long as the remaining charge does not deplete below 20%. The ÜberCharge stored will be kept if the player were to switch teams, but will be lost if they were to change class. The Vita-Saw stores charge upon death, and therefore the Medic can use a different melee weapon while building charge, or even change melee loadout while respawning. So long as he dies with it equipped and doesn't change classes, the Medic will respawn with his previous ÜberCharge percentage (to the maximum limit of 20%). An ÜberCharge is always lost when the round ends.
Similar to the Übersaw, the vial will fill up with a team-coloured liquid as an ÜberCharge is built, before draining as it is deployed.
- See also: Damage
- Base: 65 (59 to 72 Damage)
- Mini-Crit: 88 Damage
- Critical hit: 195 Damage
- Average Damage per Second (DPS): 81.25
- Attack Interval: 0.8
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Taunting with the Vita-Saw now plays the old Übersaw taunt - a deeper viola tone. Previously it shared a taunt with the Bonesaw. 
- The mesh's smoothing groups were fixed resulting in clean, hard-edged look as opposed to the molten appearance it had before.
- This is the first unlockable for the medic since the Goldrush update.
- Although possessing a needle and fill container like the Ubersaw, the Vita-saw will not grant bonus Ubercharge upon a successful hit.
- The weapon looks almost exactly like an ADAM syringe from the BioShock series, except for the blade attached beneath the needle.
- The Vita-Saw now has the original Ubersaw taunt, where the Medic plays it like a Cello to one of 4 themes.
- Similar to Mad Milk or Jarate, the liquid in the Vita-Saw is jiggleboned, and moves around as the Medic turns and runs.
- The Vita-Saw will not retain any Übercharge in Arena when you die.
- If you look at the Vita-Saw's blade you can see a picture of a skull and tally marks next to it. This is probably the medic counting his kills.
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to run external programs, passthru() is disabled.Languages:
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found